RHINOPLASTY OR NOSE surgery
What is the
Rhinoplasty or nose job is a surgical procedure that aims at improving aesthetic appearance of the nose. Surgery helps correct defects such as: crooked or twisted nose, excess of nasal dorsum (too long), wide nose and fallen nasal tip. Additionally, improving nasal ways is a benefit of a nose job, allowing the patient to breathe better (in cases in which it is necessary).
It is a procedure that lasts between 2 and 3 hours approximately, nevertheless, there are more complex cases that require more time for surgery. Approximately seven days after, daily activities may be started again, nevertheless, each case is different and it shall depend on its evolution. Currently existing surgical techniques for nose job are: open and closed rhinoplasty.
- “Closed technique” requires incisions that are made inside the nostrils so that they are totally invisible.
- “Open technique” requires a small incision in the columella (column that separates nostrils underneath). Open technique leaves an invisible scar in the columella that, the patient may see if they look with a mirror from below but others will not notice.
Before + After Gallery
Dr. Minyor Avellaneda
- Member of the Colombian Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Society.
- Associated member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Volunteer at Fundación Operación Sonrisa Colombia (Operation Smile Internacional).
- University of Birmingham, Alabama (United States), Observership.
- Maxillofacial and pediatric surgery atChildren's Hospital Alabama (United States)
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Universidad El Bosque.
- Physician - Surgeon Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá..